Thursday, January 29, 2009

Aug 27 morning....

Devom was in room with us. Nurse asked me where I wanted him; Dinesh said that we wanted him in the crib. He was in his crib bundled up and was sleeping well. But then he was tired too. He had struggled with me to come out into this world.
I was in my bed, Devom in his crib and Dinesh in his sofa-cum-bed. It was not very comfortable but he just stayed there. Devom cried at night, since his crib was next to me I gathered myself to get up and Dinesh was up too. He was just horrified why Devom was crying and if everything was ok. He told me to lie down and that he would pick him up for me. I told him to go off to sleep since he had been doing a lot of moving around that day and would have been exhausted. I took Devom into my arms and he slept. I laid him down again. A nurse came in later to give me my meds and check Devom. I had my meds. Our temps were checked. I was ok but looked like Devom was a little chilly, so they told us that they would have to move him to the nursery. He came back at around 5 AM and was sleeping well. I saw him and he looked so cute that I knew I had to get up and take pictures of him. I took a couple of his pictures and then laid down.
His Paed came in at 6 and checked him. Did a few tests…. and told us that we would be getting reports in sometime.
At 7 AM in the morning Nurses came back and announced that Devom was not doing very well and had to be moved to 5th floor (NICU). I was so upset since I hadn’t even seen him enough and they were already taking him away from me…. I had tear filled eyes. Dinesh took the charge and talked to the nurses. Another doctor came in the mean while. Dinesh talked to him and gave them the permission to move him. Kept a hand on my shoulder and told me that he’ll be back in sometime. I said ok since I did not want to cry in front of him. He already had enough going on around him…
He went down with them. I cried a lot after that….. my baby whom I could feel well inside me was out in this world and was now being taken away from me.
Dinesh came back at around 8. He consoled me saying everything is well, Devom was doing much well there, there was nothing to be scared of & that we can go together to see him. We can be with him for as long as we wanted. Atleast that helped me a little bit although I was still torn from having Devom being transferred to NICU.

1 comment:

sangeeta said...

hey...what happened then?
was he alright??

so dear you started with it.......but you can post some pics over here........